Tuesday 17 May 2016

Mollie Makes Instagram and Pinterest Takeover Guest - Jane Foster

I was thrilled when Mollie Makes asked me if I would like to be a takeover guest on Pinterest and Instagram for a few days. I've been a huge Mollie Makes fan right from the very first issue. Here's a snap shot of just some of my back issues that I have on my studio shelf! They've followed me during three house moves!




Before Mollie Makes was launched, I always felt there was a gap in the market for a cool trendy magazine and it seemed to coincide with the increased popularity of blogs, Facebook and Pinterest. I've been lucky enough to have had my work featured in at least 7 Mollie Makes issues to date and my favourite one was when I designed the free cover gift of a small red sausage dog to sew. I still have a spare copy with the gift stuck to the magazine front! 


Here's a photo of me from years ago when I was featured in my Brighton home - this was the upstairs room my creative career started in! If you look closely, I was putting together some screen prints along with retro and vintage fabrics to sell in a local shop in the lanes called Appendage. I still have the Orla Kiely wallpaper covered cupboard with sliding doors (originally from Ikea) and my favourite green and white striped Orla Kiely dress. Oh, and I still have the white Mac Lamp that I bought from Brighton Boot Sale!



The photo below shows some of the Mid Century Modern fabric cushions I used to make and sell in my early days. This was how I first started out  -  I was obsessed with collecting as many different patterns from the 50s and 60s that I could find and would get a real buzz if I was lucky enough to find some original Lucienne Day, Marian Mahler or Terence Conran. (I was such a fabric geek!)


I shall be adding posts to Mollie Makes Instagram (@molliemakes) from this Thursday to Sunday and I shall be pinning to a special Pinterest Board on Saturday called Craft With Kids.

I hope you get a chance to have a peep at my posts and that you enjoy them x